Calgary Laser Gynecology
YOUR EMBARRASSMENT FROM INCONTINENCE STOPS HERE!
Do you avoid doing things you love like running and cycling because you are worried about incontinence? Is it causing you anxiety and taking control of how you live your life?
There IS an easier solution that doesn’t involve surgery,
Contact your laser gynecology solution expert in Calgary today!
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is when a small amount of urine escapes when the body performs certain physical activities like sneezing, jumping or running. It has an immense impact on social lives and negatively affects millions of women. It is the most common type of incontinence affecting up to 17% of women under the age of 60.
The most common causes are pregnancy and childbirth, but there are many other factors that may put someone at risk for experiencing it, such as; hormones, aging muscle tone, hysterectomy, obesity, consistent heavy lifting, and chronic coughing.
Fotona has developed a new solution to treat Incontinence without medication or surgery:
> No anesthesia
> No surgery
> No recovery time
> No pain
The treatment also boasts a high success rate and rate of client satisfaction:
> 68% of patients report COMPLETE recovery from symptoms
> 94% report a significant improvement
> 95% of women report a moderate to high level of vaginal tightening
How Do Laser Gynecology TREATMENTS in Calgary Work?
A series of 2 treatments, approximately 30 days apart are required.
In many cases, results are noticeable soon after the first treatment. The treatment takes approx. 45 minutes to complete and involves very minimal discomfort. The entire appointment will be less than 60 minutes and you can return to your normal activities immediately afterward. Side effects may include slight swelling and mild soreness for 1-2 days. Full results will take 4-6 months after the treatments, as the body takes time to rebuild the collagen in the vaginal tissue.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS?
- TVT Sling or mesh surgery (Tension-free vaginal tape) involves the typical risks associated with general anesthesia, 1-2 nights in the hospital, approx. 6 weeks of recovery time and the need for pain medications.
- Physiotherapy and pelvic floor exercises for muscle strengthening are typically only mildly to moderately effective and require consistency and ongoing therapy.
- Absorbent pads and bladder support tampons are inconvenient, uncomfortable and undesirable for most women.
How Long Do Results Last?
As we continue to age, the collagen and elastin in the tissue will continue to slowly degrade and weaken, just like with any other area of the body. Touch up treatments may be required for some clients. The frequency of touch-up treatments will depend on many factors, such as age, genetics, and lifestyle and the treatments may need to be touched up every 2-3 years.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THE TREATMENT?
- Normal/healthy PAP smear within the past 12 months
- Cannot be pregnant at the time of treatments. Nursing is perfectly safe.
- No ACCUTANE use within the past 6+ months as it can impact healing after the treatments
- No anticoagulant prescriptions (Coumadin, Warin,
Xaralto, etc.) or sun-sensitive medications
- Recent exam to ensure that there are no physical concerns in the vaginal canal or exterior perineal region
- Patients with an IUD are able to receive the treatment
- Not a heavy smoker (decreased vascularity limits level of improvement)
- No menstrual bleeding at the time of the treatments
- BMI of under 35 is optimal for best results
- No history of atypical or cancerous moles
- No urinary tract infections (UTI) at the time of the treatments
OTHER LASER GYNECOLOGY TREATMENTS:
Treats Vaginal Relaxation Syndrome, which is the laxity, loosening or stretching of the vaginal wall, commonly caused by childbirth, againg or pelvic surgeries.
Only one session is required for this treatment.
Treats Vaginal Atrophy, which is the thinning and drying of vaginal walls due to reduced Estrogen in the body, causing discomfort, dryness and painful intercourse. It occurs typically after menopause.
The treatment requires 3 sessions, approx. 30 days apart.
Contact us for more information or to speak with our experienced Registered Nurse about this treatment.
Who Performs The Treatments?
All Laser Gynecology treatments are performed by a Registered Nurse with over 10 years of Obstetrics & Gynecology experience. Haley makes her patients feel safe, reassured, comfortable and well cared for.
Follow Us on Facebook and Instagram
Do you want to be the first to know about upcoming promotions and limited time specials? Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest news, tips, and discounts!