Calgary Incontinence Treatment
BTL Exion Emfemme 360 and BTL Emsella Chair COMBINED
YOUR EMBARRASSMENT FROM INCONTINENCE STOPS HERE!
Do you avoid doing things you love like running and cycling because you are worried about incontinence? Is it causing you anxiety and taking control of how you live your life?
There is an easier solution that doesn’t involve surgery, endless
2 in 1 Urinary Incontinence and Vaginal Tightening Treatment in Calgary, AB:
The Power of BTL Exion Emfemme 360 and BTL Emsella Chair COMBINED
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is when a small amount of urine escapes when the body performs physical activities like sneezing, jumping or running. It has an immense impact on social lives and negatively affects millions of women as well as men.
Urinary incontinence is a common and often embarrassing condition that affects many individuals, particularly women, in Calgary, AB. Most women (and men) with urinary incontinence continue to suffer silently without seeking any help.
Up to 50% of adult females can struggle with incontinence to a certain extent at some point in their lives!
Fortunately, there are groundbreaking solutions that combine two cutting-edge technologies to provide effective and non-invasive treatment: Emsella Chair, and Exion Emfemme 360.
All of the non-invasive treatments available today are individually approximately 70% effective.
Combining 2 easy, non-invasive treatments increases your chances of success substantially!
This powerful duo is redefining the approach to urinary incontinence, offering hope and confidence to those seeking a life free from the constraints of this condition. Internal RadioFrequency stimulates collagen and elastin production inside the vaginal walls, then Emsella strengthens the pelvic floor muscles, including muscles that are independent of our brain function.
The combination of the 3 best available non-invasive treatments greatly increases the chances of patient success in treating Urinary Incontinence! With the addition of Physiotherapy to learn at-home exercises, patients can often enjoy their results for years, if not decades.
UNDERSTANDING STRESS URINARY INCONTINENCE
Urinary incontinence is characterized by the involuntary leakage of urine, which can significantly impact one’s quality of life. It may result from various factors, including childbirth, aging, hormonal changes, and pelvic floor weakness. Traditional treatments often involve medications or invasive surgical procedures, but the combined approach of the Emsella Chair, and Exion Enfemme 360 internal treatment provide a non-surgical, holistic solution.
The 2-in-1 Approach:
Exion Emfemme 360 RadioFrequency
How it Works: Exion Enfemme 360 is an internal treatment with an innovative device that uses radiofrequency to heat the vaginal canal and outer labia area. It heats the vaginal canal to 45°C in a 360-degree motion throughout the treatment, triggering the immune process to repair the tissue to strengthen. It increases collagen, elastin, vaginal wall tissue thickness, improves blood flow to the area as well as strengthens muscles.
How it feels: This treatment is quite comfortable and involves a warm sensation in the vaginal canal and the exterior vaginal area
Treatment time: 10-15 minutes
Benefits: Improved blood circulation, enhanced collagen production, and overall pelvic area rejuvenation, strengthened vaginal canal, enhanced sexual satisfaction, decreased vaginal dryness.
- Studies performed show that the vaginal wall tissue increased thickness by an average of 1.66mm (32%)
- Vaginal pH decreased from 6.6 to a healthy level of 4.1 after the last treatment
- The presence of Inflammatory cells (leucocytes) decreased from 35 % to 0 %
- 55.6% of women reported becoming completely leak-free at the 1-month follow- up
- At the 1-month follow-up visit, 88.9% expressed their condition’s interference with everyday life decreased and 62.9% said the condition did not interfere with their everyday life at all as a result of the treatments
- 93% of the patients “agreed” or “strongly agreed” that their gratification during intercourse improved
- This treatment can also be performed on the inner and outer labia to tighten, plump and strengthen the area and provide a more youthful appearance.
Who cannot receive this treatment: Anyone who is pregnant (or actively trying), nursing, has a pacemaker, impaired immune system or difficulty healing, active bacterial or viral infections, acute inflammation, metal implants in the abdomen area, copper IUD, active menstruation, cancer, heart problems, or has not received a healthy PAP test within the past two years.
It is advisable that anyone who has a significant health concern or is generally unwell not receive this treatment.
Anyone prone to (or with a history of) infections of the vaginal canal or urinary tract should be aware that if an active infection were present, the heat may worsen the infection. To prevent this possibility, it is required to receive an exam from your Family Physician within one week of the treatment if you have had past infections.
Anyone with a history of abnormal PAP tests should receive an internal exam from their Family Physician within one week of the treatment.
Safety of treatment: There are many peer-reviewed, published medical studies showing the safety and efficacy of this vaginal radiofrequency treatment. Copies of these studies can be obtained by contacting Revive Laser! This treatment is Health Canada and FDA approved.
Risks and side effects: Providing that all clients do not have any of the contraindications, the only associated risks of the treatment involve the risk of mild burns to the area. These risks are highly mitigated by careful and trained technicians at Revive Laser, along with safety measures built into the system, which stop the treatment when internal tissue temperatures are reading too high. These risks are very low.
Emsella Electromagnetic Kegel Chair
How it Works: This treatment is external and involves sitting on a chair fully clothed.
The Emsella Chair uses High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology (a very powerful 2.5 Tesla magnet, similar strength to an MRI) to stimulate pelvic floor muscles. The procedure uses electromagnetic energy, at a high frequency, to cause pelvic floor muscle stimulation non-invasively. Similar to the contractions you perform when doing a Kegel exercise, with the addition of internal muscle contractions that our brains are not able to stimulate on our own. What makes this treatment effective is the in-depth penetration and stimulation of the entire pelvic floor area. A single session brings you thousands of intense contractions (this chair does 11,000 contractions per session for you) that you would not be able to do on your own. These contractions are very helpful when it comes to muscle strengthening and re-education.
How it feels: This treatment is very comfortable with no pain whatsoever. It involves a slightly strange contraction sensation in the pelvic floor are
Treatment time: 30 minutes
Benefits: Enhanced pelvic floor muscle strength, improved bladder control, and reduced urinary incontinence.
This treatment is very helpful for men suffering with urinary incontinence as well!
- A published study reported that patients demonstrated as 77% level of improvement in incontinence impact according to the KHQ scores during 6-month follow-up
- Nearly 75% of patients studied reported significantly decreased urinary leakage or experienced complete dryness and maintained these results through to their 6-month follow-up.
- Urine urgency symptoms were reduced considerably by 34%
- Majority of patients report that they decreased pad usage to a minimum, or totally eliminated them.
- At 1 year, 86% of patients reported less urine leakage and frequency
Who cannot receive this treatment: Anyone who is pregnant (or actively trying), has a pacemaker or any metal or electronic implants, copper IUD (Mirena is safe), bleeding disorders/anticoagulation therapy, malignant tumors, pulmonary insufficiency, recent surgical procedures, or anyone who has any major health conditions or is generally unwell.
You will be asked to remove any jewelry prior to the treatment (facial piercings are safe).
Safety of treatment: There are many peer-reviewed, published medical studies showing the safety and efficacy of this treatment. Copies of these studies can be obtained by contacting Revive Laser! This treatment is Health Canada and FDA approved.
Risks and side effects: Side effects of this treatment are generally mild and are relatively uncommon. They may include, but are not limited to: muscular pain, temporary muscle spasms, temporary joint or tendon pains, local redness or mild swelling.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COMBINATION OF TREATMENTS?
1. Comprehensive Treatment: These treatments individually offer approx. 70% success rate of completely resolving Urinary Incontinence. The synergy of Emsella Chair and Exion Emfemme 360 address multiple aspects of urinary incontinence, ensuring a much more effective approach with much higher chances of success, than choosing only one of these treatments alone.
2. Non-Invasive: Unlike traditional surgical methods, this treatment is non-invasive, not painful and quick and easy, allowing patients to avoid the risks and downtime associated with surgery.
3. Quick and Convenient: The sessions are relatively short, and there is no downtime. Patients can resume their daily activities immediately after each session. There are some exceptions, like avoiding sexual intercourse and avoiding tampon use for 1 week after the Enfemme internal treatment, to allow the tissue to rest and heal to a stronger, more elastic state.
4. Proven Results: Numerous third-party reviewed clinical studies for all 3 technologies and patient testimonials support the efficacy of this combined approach, showcasing significant improvements in urinary control and overall pelvic health.
5. Very Low risk! There are few risks of adverse events after the internal treatments. Risks mainly include rare risks of mild burns to the area. Revive Laser takes safety extremely seriously and the system has built-in tissue temperature reading and automatic shut-off. Therefore the chances of burns are very low. There are no severe risks after the Emsella chair treatments.
WHAT ABOUT PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Physiotherapy involves a trained and experienced therapist who will evaluate your personal requirements and then teach specific exercises to help strengthen your pelvic floor area. These exercises are also done at home on a regular basis and will further your results from the radio-frequency and electro-magnetic treatments, giving better and longer lasting results.
All of these therapies can address different components of incontinence that the others are not able to. Physiotherapy can sometimes diagnose and address concerns which cannot be resolved with these technologies. The Enfemme internal treatment can tighten and strengthen the vaginal canal, which cannot be accomplished with physiotherapy. Emsella can activate and fortify muscles that cannot be voluntarily stimulated with our brains, which gives it an advantage over physiotherapy.
Revive highly recommends combining these technology treatments with physiotherapy sessions and at-home exercises for the best possible outcome with your urinary incontinence issues!
WHY CHOOSE REVIVE LASER?
In a sea of choices, navigating between different clinics, laser types and vast pricing differences can be overwhelming. So, why do we believe that choosing us places you in the best possible hands? There are many reasons!
We understand what our clients are looking for! When you invest your hard-earned money in a treatment and are trying to choose a clinic:
You want an impeccably clean environment.
You want treatments that deliver tangible results. Or, if a treatment isn’t suitable for you, you need honesty about its limitations!
You want a hassle-free experience without pressure to purchase additional treatments or skincare products to fulfill sales quotas or commissions.
You expect punctuality from technicians, not lengthy waits in the waiting room before each session.
You want staff members to consistently be kind, caring and professional.
You need confidence in the expertise and experience of those performing your treatments, ensuring your safety and a job well done.
You want full access to knowledgeable support after treatment hours for any questions or concerns.
You want on top-tier equipment known for its effectiveness and results.
Financing is available!
$1,800 for 6 sessions (30 mins) of the Emsella Chair only*
*Includes 2 free sessions of underarm laser hair removal! (First and last treatments)
(Recommended for very mild Stress Urinary Incontinence as well as male clients)
$3,000 for the 2-in-One Treatment package:
Including 3 EmFemme 360 Internal Sessions as well as 6 sessions (30 mins each) of Emsella Chair
*Includes 2 free sessions of underarm laser hair removal! (First and last treatments)
(Recommended for moderate-severe Stress Urinary Incontinence)
These treatments can be paid in monthly payments through financing by Beautifi!
How Long Do Results Last?
As we continue to age, the collagen and elastin in the tissue will slowly degrade and weaken, just like with any other area of the body. Muscles also need to be maintained. Otherwise, they will slowly lose strength.
Touch-up treatments may be required for some clients who are post-menopausal or had more moderate to severe stress incontinence. The frequency of touch-up treatments will depend on many factors, such as age, genetics, and lifestyle.
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THE TREATMENT?
- Normal/healthy PAP smear within the past 24 months
- Cannot be pregnant or nursing at the time of treatments
- No ACCUTANE or Oral isotretinoin use within the past 6+ months as it can impact healing after the treatments
- No anticoagulant prescriptions (Coumadin, Warin,
Xaralto, etc.) or sun-sensitive medications
- Recent exam to ensure that there are no physical concerns in the vaginal canal or exterior perineal region is recommended
- Not a heavy smoker and do not consume high amounts of alcoholic beverages (decreased vascularity and increased histamines limit the body’s ability to heal)
- No menstrual bleeding at the time of the internal Enfemme treatments
- BMI of under 35 is optimal for best results
- No history of atypical or cancerous moles
- No urinary tract infections, bacterial or viral infections at the time of the treatments such as Bacterial Vaginosis, Thrush, Urinary Tract Infections, Warts, Herpes or STD’s or STI’s (Those prone to infections or have a history of infection should receive an exam from their Family Physician prior to treatment)
- No Uncontrolled diabetes. The internal treatment is not recommended for diabetics.
- Treatment shows less efficacy for pure urge incontinence/ overactive bladder/ bladder overcapacity/ spastic bladder/ bladder stones/severe prolapse
WHAT ARE THE OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS?
TVT SLING OR MESH SURGERY
These surgeries are performed by a surgeon, using general anesthesia. A supportive structure (either mesh or human tissue), is placed beneath the urethra (the conduit for urine passage). This sling functions like a hammock, elevating and providing support to both the urethra and the bladder neck (the juncture connecting the bladder to the urethra) to lessen urinary leakage. There are different types, the most common method is the Mid-urethral sling surgery is the most common. A thin strip of mesh is used to make the sling, and your surgeon will put it under your urethra in one of three ways.
Generally high, but risks and complications should be considered.
Decently high rate of efficacy
Permanent solution for some patients
Invasive surgery with potential complications such as:
- Risks of increased urgency or urine retention
- Risks of Infection
- Risks of bruising (hematoma)
Risks of bleeding during the operation
Risks of injury to your urethra or nearby organs
- Risks of migration of the mesh tape into the
bladder, vagina or urethra
- Requires general anesthesia and associated risks
- Recovery time required at home
Cannot resume most normal activities for 2 weeks
Refrain from driving for 2 weeks and from sexual intercourse or strenuous activities for 6 weeks, or lift anything heavy for several weeks.
Surgery cost is typically covered by Alberta Health Services
PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY
A trained physiotherapist teaches tailored exercises to help strengthen muscles.
Addresses underlying muscle issues
Requires patient compliance
Requires commitment to regular sessions
Results may take time
Approx. 6-9 one-hour sessions over 6-18 weeks
Approx. 50-70% depending on severity and patient compliance to practicing exercises at home
$75-$85 per hour
Excellent compliment to Enfemme and Emsella for Incontinence
TYPES OF INCONTINENCE
When some urine leaks if you jump, cough, or sneeze, you may have stress incontinence. Anything that increases abdominal pressure can also put pressure on the bladder.
Many experts think that women who’ve given birth vaginally are more likely to deal with stress incontinence. This is because childbirth can stretch and possibly harm the muscles and nerves in the pelvic floor. Basically, if the baby is bigger, labor takes longer, the mom is older, or there have been more births, the chances of experiencing incontinence will go up. This type of incontinence typically responds best to the laser treatments.
OVER ACTIVE BLADDER OR URGE INCONTINENCE
If you find yourself really needing to pee even when your bladder isn’t full, it might be due to overactive bladder, also known as urge incontinence. This can happen to both men and women and involves a sudden and intense urge to pee, often leading to unintentional leakage before you make it to a bathroom. Even if you manage to avoid any accidents, the constant urgency and frequent bathroom trips can mess with your work and social life. This urgency kicks in when the bladder muscle (called the detrusor) starts contracting and sends out signals that it’s time to pee, even if your bladder isn’t packed to the brim. This is more common in post-menopausal or older women. This type of issue is more difficult to treat and is less likely to respond to laser treatments, although some clients do still see an improvement.
If you have symptoms of stress incontinence as well as overactive bladder then this is typically mixed incontinence. Most women with incontinence have both stress and urge symptoms which is more challenging and may be less likely to respond as well to the different options for treatment.
AFTER CARE FOR ENFEMME INTERNAL TREATMENT
Some patients note mild swelling, redness 1-2 days
Mild spotting or an increase in vaginal secretions is possible (1-2 days)
Mild discomfort similar to mild menstrual cramps during or after treatment is possible (1-2 days)
Abstain from sexual intercourse for 1 week after internal treatment
Refrain from using tampons for 1 week
Avoid activities that increase pressure on the bladder and treatment area for one week. Ie. heavy lifting, jumping, or strenuous activity/workouts
Avoid Hot tubs, Baths and swimming for 2 weeks
Follow Us on Facebook and Instagram
Do you want to be the first to know about upcoming promotions and limited time specials? Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest news, tips, and discounts!